My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

I Had Grown My Beard Again...

And I planned to get rid of it by Friday but when I was shopping on Saturday someone said that it suited me, I'm still not sure but it does look better the longer that I let it grow so as it has at least twelve days of growth but I took another look yesterday and I decided that it had to go.

Not much to report over the last few days. I planned to go for my flu jab in the morning but switched to last night and walked into my Dr's surgery, there was no queue and I was out within five minutes, then I caught a bus and purchased  my special bus ticket that lasts approx for a week and allows unlimited rides across the whole of my county. I really only need it for tomorrow and next Saturday but as I can spend at least £16($25.87)on those two journeys alone  for another £9.50($15.36)I can do so much more, I may as well. If I make one more return journey it's paid for itself. I do dislike parting with the money but it does mean that is working out  approx £3.60($5.82)per day. So it is value.

If I reach the age of 62 I am entitled to a free bus pass, the bad news is that if this same Government gets into power they plan to scrap or put the entitlement for one further back, so I would not be eligible for many years to come. Many will be affected and those who need them most because they are without transport and on a low income/pension so it perhaps them getting to see more than the four walls at home or gets them a trip to the shops or see a friend, some social contact.

Last night it was the concert with Joe Brown(who's version of "I'll See You In My Dreams!" was played at Mum's funeral)It seems very special to him to and to have boosted his career to some extent.

Next Saturday it's Stacey Kent.

I guess if you choose certain songs they are played often, others such as Joe's song become a surprise hit, today it was one Mum liked really whoever sang it, this time it was "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" played as part of a tribute to Andy Williams who passed away earlier in the week and minutes ago Doris Day's "Que Sera Sera"" was on the radio. It is a little difficult but I did manage to listen.

I have altered this post but only slightly. So the original date of the post is incorrect but I am unable to change that and if I delete the post ,and repost I lose comments that have been left.

I will review the concert soon...

So this post is dated 2nd October 2012

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ian Young said...

Evening Gildy :)

Ian

1 October 2012 at 20:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Ian,
How wonderful to hear from you again.

I was just thinking about you. It's funny how often I think of someone and they contact me.

I do hope that things are much better for you.

I promise to be in touch soon...

Take Care...

2 October 2012 at 00:06  
Anonymous Ian Young said...

Thanks Gildy, it's good to be in touch again

2 October 2012 at 05:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home