My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Bruce And Norman At The London Palladium...

posted just because it's funny and a classic...no other reason...Happy Times. Chances are I saw this when it was broadcast as just about everyone watched Sunday Night At The London Palladium which seemed to get all the top stars of the time and that often meant visiting or international stars brought over for this weekly to top the bill.

If that looks old, I am watching a Christmas Day programme from commercial TV transmitted in 1972. I don't remember it but I probably did watch it. You know the type if you were around then...a studio made to look like a lounge in someones home, decorated with a Christmas Tree and decorations. An odd guest visiting to do a few jokes with the presenter or sing a song and lots of short sketches based on popular sitcoms of the day with a Christmas feel.

It looks as though it is taken directly from a master tape from the TV company as there is a digital clock ticking over all the time and when a commercial break takes place we see the equivalent of a film clapper board and you hear some of the banter between presenter and the audience which would not have been heard by the viewing public.

The presenter Jimmy Tarbuck is not on tv much these days but is still held the public's affection and he is appearing in 14 days in a theatre approx 30 miles away but there are very few seats left, I would need to change buses three times and it will take approx 3-4 hours travel time and I probably would have to stay over at a hotel for the night so that pushes the cost up considerably so I will have to decline this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home