My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Weather Is Still Nasty...

Can't see it improving much this year.

Slept well, ate well and the weekend was reasonable. I guess that I was as happy as I can be. Today I plan to  keep busy. I don't feel sad as such or depressed but have that knotted feeling in my stomach. The "Butterflies in the tummy!" feeling.

It is still probably connected to losing Mum but I don't know. I think these are all feelings we have to face when such a traumatic event happens...

I will have a look out soon for some hot water bottles and a kettle that can be use on a stove and not depend on electric for boiling then if there is a power cut I can still get a hot drink by using the camping stove or if an electric kettle fails I can boil it up on the main cooker or the hot plate I have...

I did have little shopping trip yesterday but spent silly money on taxi's but my money is for such expenses but a friend has informed me that a bus runs close to my home(That would be cheaper)to a town nearby I have never been to(I say near)it is about an hour away on the bus but it has nearly all the shops I would use in a precinct and they close to each other.

But once the new supermarket opens on my town I will probably be able to manage reasonably well. Depends how small it is and whether it sells the items I want. I think if I am well stocked up a big shop will not be needed as much.

Anyhow, I managed to get a hand blender yesterday which I think will be useful and save getting a big processor out. Some nice big jugs with easy to read measurements on the side and you can store liquid in them(they also have lids)a steam cleaner which I think is going to be very useful.

Also much as I love my slow cooker and have only been using it for the last few months so it is practically brand new, being single I found a smaller one for under £10 and it uses less power so it may cook quicker and do portions more suitable for me. I will keep both though.

I managed to get some decent food bargains and some good dates on what I purchased so what I have will last me ages.

Oh and though it's a bit big for under £7 I treated myself to a man's watch(with a three year warranty)I haven't worn one for a while but it can be handy having the time easily accessible. And as my eyes get worse having a large watch face probably is a good thing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home