My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

It's Strange How...


You can manage to transport these glass tealight candle holders all the way from a supermarket in plastic carrier bags to home safely. Then in the short walk upstairs I managed to smash one of the duplicate green ones.

The supermarket is too far away to make it worthwhile returning to get another...oh well...If I happen to be there sometime I'll look on the off chance...

They are for my store room where I keep food, household goods in case there is ever a power cut or an emergency where I need to use an alternative source for light or to cook food, heat water for drinks and use my warmer clothes and fleese throws and blankets...

I thought these were rather nice.

A small tealight can burn for approx three and half hours and a packet of one hundred only works out at £2. They would not fit these jars but you can get larger ones that burn for 9 hours...(I did not know that)

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Back in 1998 we managed to get four World Cup commemoration glasses all the way from France to home and then one of them was dropped and smashed as we unpacked.

14 August 2012 at 14:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I know...it seems so unfair...more so because your's are so special. I managed to a free ride to another ASDA.

I have replaced the broken one...but whilst all of them were reduced to £1.50 each in the sale, the one I smashed was still being sold at the original price £2.

And I have discovered though the ASDA I was in yesterday though it's said to be larger the ASDA today had more choice and the Aldi I was in today had more choice(I did not buy anything)than the one I was in on Sunday and this Aldi is right next door to an Iceland)

I have nasty feeling the Aldi being built on my town will be a small one.

So when I need to have a goo shop again I may pay the taxi fare and go to these stores...

14 August 2012 at 16:30  
Blogger Paul said...

How typical is that of when your luck is out? £1.50 now £2.

A big Aldi has been built on part of the old airfield in Christchurch and it's packed everytime I go past.

15 August 2012 at 16:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home