My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 13, 2012

The Surviving US Airman Of The Flight That Dropped

the atomic bomb on Hiroshima in Japan in WWII was giving a talk to a class, now we know that it is always written down that way but when he was introduced,the teacher said to the class that he had taken part in World War Eleven!SmileySmiley

2 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

I thought that was brilliant. Reminded me of the old Steptoe and Son gag about 'poloponies'.

14 August 2012 at 14:13  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

:-) Paul.

This guy is against war but still is proud that his action stopped the war. That's something we all have to decide whether it was the right thing or not dropping "The Bomb!"

Hindsight is sometimes a problem as you can be very critical often you need to be there and live through an event.

This airman let the teacher know what he thought of her mistake...

14 August 2012 at 16:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home