My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

First Real Visit To An Aldi Today...

Ours does not officially open until November so I went to a neighbouring town but found some decent items to add to my store cupboard but also bought myself some items that hopefully will last me for years and got them now whilst I can, so I got some non stick sauce pans, a couple of frying pans and woks, a two hob hot plate and a three tier steamer and some chopping boards...I think it could be ten years since I was last in an Aldi so I had forgotten what they were like and they've probably changed over the years.

Whilst out I cooked in the slow cooker some belly pork(removed the fat)and later plan to have some roast potatoes and vegetables with gravy...My first real meal of the day but I did have some salad in buns early this morning and I have had an organic fruit yogurt.

For anyone reading abroad...Aldi is a supermarket with few frills and lots of unknown brands but still quality merchandise and many items are lower in price but I found a lot of items costing the same or sometimes more than other supermarkets...

You know I always fed Mum the best that I could but since I lost Mum and built up my storeroom and  the gadgets I have purchased what I could've done for her and again the access I have to the internet all the music and tv I could have shared using the laptop.

I was talking to the taxi driver today and he has and praised almost the same gadgets that I own...a combi microwave, a George Forman grill and a slow cooker. At least when Aldi is built on my town we have access to three reasonable food shops(Tesco's, Aldi and Heron's freezer shop)

Where I was today they are well served by having an Iceland, Lidl, Aldi, a big ASDA and a Farmshops Freezer store. Another local town has those but also a Morrisons, a Pound shop, Tesco's and a Sainsbury's. Some town's have too few shops and some too few. If transport was cheaper and more frequent that would be brilliant but once Aldi is up and running we're not doing so bad.

I'm a bit surprised that we don't have a Poundland on our town...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home