My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

When I'm Cleaning Windows...

Well, not me exactly...

I don't know why but our window cleaner has disappeared and it must be something like 6 months since our windows were washed. Well, there is a regular service that has started and now seems to be being used by at least three neighbours so I collared him yesterday and now all being well they will be done every two or three weeks.

They use clean water from a container on the vehicle and have those long pole things with brushes they can use for windows upstairs. No more expensive than what the previous cleaner charged. And used the same rags and bucket of water over and over again.

Unfortunately, the one time I had my windows cleaned later in the day we had one of the worst storms I can remember. One of my friends who posts on here lives a few miles from and commented how frightening it was and if you lose the signal on your satellite dish...then you know it's bad.

Busy day yesterday...took some more trousers for alteration and collected the previous ones that had been done...I have enough to last me for ages now in a variety of colours but if I need to have them done in future I may have a go again at using fabric glue or that stuff that you apply a warm iron to and it kind of melts and welds material together as it is only ever the hems that need shortening. By the time I have finished I have spent £48 on alterations alone. And added to the cost of the trousers we're talking of approx £200 for eight pairs...

I also washed my hair(an event in itself and there's not much to wash)and went and had a haircut.
So at least what I have is tidy. I can manage on two haircuts per year.

I took a trip to a neighbouring town and walking is so slow but I took my shopping trolley which helped greatly. Changed my theatre ticket(Did I tell you?)I discovered one of the shows I booked was for a 5pm performance and form past experience of Summer season shows we always found if you go to the first show of the night it is not as long as the second and they tend to rush you out but the second sometimes can last longer and they'll do an encore. So I am now at the later one and I have a better seat too...

I found a book shop selling books at low prices and purchased another cook book but at £2 I thought it was good value and it will give me ideas on how to some new meals using one pot/dish and if I change the portions I hope I can adapt some lovely meals so they will feed a single person.

I purchased a new pair of trainers so I have a spare pair to fall back on I usually pay around £12 on the town but the one's I use seem to have disappeared. I had to pay £19.99 to get something similar but where mine are not usually designer trainers these had the Lonsdale logo on them usually associated with boxing(I think)

But can I find an ordinary pair of black slip on shoes? The nearest I found was a pair costing £65 and extra wide fitting so too big otherwise every shop seems to be selling a design that is very boxy in shape or have a strange(to me)shape around the toe area. I cannot believe how difficult getting such a basic shoe is proving to be...

Upon getting home last night I had two...yes, two! "Mug Shots" one in a sweet and sour flavour and  the other in a chicken flavour. You had to hot water in a cup and you get a kind of meal with a kind of sauce that adds flavour to the water.

But later on I had a tasty comforting meal of vegetable medley with broccoli, peas and  green beans with a kind of mint dressing, some mashed potato and cabbage and some diced pork in a kind of lamb casserole stock to which I had added some slice baby leeks and garlic.

I used one of the containers that I had used in the microwave to cook one of the meals to put it altogether so, even saved on the washing up. It was lovely and so hot. And stayed that way for ages.

All cooked using my microwaves and the slow cooker. The veg and potato took approx 4-6 minutes. The pork perhaps three hours in the slow cooker(I probably could have done that even quicker had I
wanted to)In fact I probably could have done the pork in a frying pan or my new wok as a stir fry...Perhaps an idea for another time...

Oh and common sense set in...the items I used I was unable to get into the freezer due to a lack of room and that increases how long you can use them but they were mainly chilled and had gone past their dates(even though it said "Use By" but even though they were 3 days over and the pork one day, I knew that they looked fine and they were going to be thoroughly cooked through and piping hot.

As I said it was lovely...and I am still here the morning after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home