My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Let's See If Brazil Gets Bitten By The Olympics Bug...

over the next four years, The London games have not been followed much by the Brazilian public and tonight as the games was handed over to them from London most were watching football games...but public views  can and do change.

Some people say some silly things, the presenter on Radio 5 this morning said that we should applaud and cheer those who took part in the Olympics every day.

The UK is getting back to normal now the Olympics is over and I see that Job Centre staff are the next to threaten strike action over their conditions which I support but they'll have to be careful because it can only be a matter of time before the Government privatise even more of the service.

We have Atos doing the assessments of the ill and they've now been awarded more Government contracts. And most of the back to work programmes are run by private companies, before too long the staff at Job Centres will probably find that they are looking for work themselves.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



Have you thought of growing your own vegetables?
Tomatoes are pretty easy to grow,just a grow bag (a couple of £s depending on where you go) a few plants and a water every couple of days and thats it,whola! nice juicy tomatoes compared to those dry,rubbery things from the supermarket.
large leaf vegetables need a bit more effort as you have to protect them from the pigeons.
Fruit trees once planted look aft themselves but need a prune every couple of years.

14 August 2012 at 08:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have and if I can stay put I may give it a try using raised beds but the vegetables I buy(frozen or prepared)last me ages and don't cots a lot.

I like the idea though. Tomatoes, herbs and potatoes I think are quite easy and could even be grown in a kind of grow bag...

14 August 2012 at 10:04  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have and if I can stay put I may give it a try using raised beds but the vegetables I buy(frozen or prepared)last me ages and don't cost a lot.

I like the idea though. Tomatoes, herbs and potatoes I think are quite easy tp grow and could even be grown in a kind of grow bag(the herbs on a window...

14 August 2012 at 10:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Regarding the Olympics in Rio, it still has not caused much excitement with the public but it's early days and we have almost 4 years for it to have an affect on the locals...

14 August 2012 at 16:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home