My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, August 20, 2012

I Was All Signed Up To NPower...

for my duel power and sorted but though I may regret it British Gas talked me round to staying with them today and after a month I will be getting my electric and gas from them. They offered me £125 for coming back to them, £120 for taking duel power, £100 at the end of the year and...he waived the standing charges(£72)and though the gas is slightly more expensive than NPower, the electric is cheaper(by 11%)so it evens out but I am saving approx £412 over the year...I think I use more electric than gas so this probably suits me better. After all I can use my extra warm jumpers, PJ's, dressing gown, hot water bottles, fleeces, electric blankets etc...if it gets colder.

And at NPower I was only saving £45 for doing the account on line and getting £100 at the end of the year so I am already £262 better off in comparison. The more I use the gas and electric per month the cost per unit comes down but on the other hand if I don't need to use as much gas and electric I'll save anyhow...I'm sure another £30 was mentioned because I have gone to an online account but we'll see.

If you use a certain amount of gas/electric the price per unit does become cheaper as you use more but if you are being economical anyhow by trying to reduce what you use, you are saving anyhow.

In the end I guess they are all the same and you end up paying the same whoever you are with.

I think I have said before how even those selling gas and electric admit they have to watch what they use and struggle too. The guy on the phone today admitted he often lights candles to light his room and save using the lights. I have had others admit that they sit wrapped in blankets. And they work for the energy companies!


No wonder some people go out and spend ages filling endless hours in a library(if they are open)or a café drinking endless cups of tea to save on the cost of running a home...


Update:The second largest energy company has announced an increase in their charges of 9% starting in October so watch the other companies hike their prices up(and I fear that may mean British gas and I may regret my decision but I can't keep messing the utility companies about and I won't know where I am at by the time I am finished...

I do laugh when the experts, the politicians, even the energy companies say don't sit in a cold house and use what you have so your health doesn't suffer and you have a miserable time...hello! If your income is low and is reducing, any savings you have are being eaten into, food and energy prices are going up, rent, CT and BT increases etc...that's easier said than done. And it's hurting those who work too for a company and often for those who are self employed.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



This is the place,if you want good quality cheap clothes and heating
equipment for seiges and the collapse of civilisation.

Anchor Surplus in Nottingham

http://www.anchorsupplies.com/police-uniform-1.html

They had a 10 pack of ex prison underwear for £8 a few weeks ago

20 August 2012 at 23:47  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Well it is amazing what you find online...

I think my food store will be added to but at a slower rate now and I have my hot water bottles and kettle so think I have all I need for cooking/keeping warm...so my shopping trips may be less frequent but certainly not in need of as much.

I'd like another couple of windup torches, possibly a head torch,some batteries and a cheap wind up/solar powered radio.

Having lost weight I am debating as the trousers I had for Mum's funeral are now too big around the waist wether to leave them in case I put weight on or to see if I can have the waist reduced with perhaps a tuck so they can be worn now and won't fall down.

My shoes arrived safely today so I now have spare shirts, jumpers, PJ's, lounge trousers, dressing gown, trousers, trainers and shoes.

Annoyingly, I have a good woollen hat for winter and...a matching glove. Can't find the other one...I'd like some wellington boots perhaps.

If I can find one to fit I can now buy a jacket(as in the kind as in a suit)for 99p at the charity shop. So I'll just keep watching.

21 August 2012 at 01:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home