My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, August 04, 2012

I Thought It Was Time...

that I had more than one pair of decent trousers so whilst I am able I bought myself a selection. I am so used to buying my clothes in large size I went for 38" inches waist but I have lost 2" so had to change them. We change our shirts, underwear etc...but don't seem to do the same with trousers so much.

And usually I have owned one or two pairs, no more and if something was to happen to them I'd be stuck. I usually stick to black but I found two in grey, one in a fawn colour and one pair in black. I managed to find a shower proof jacket with a hidden hood which will hopefully be useful during Winter especially.

I was going to shorten my trousers but again, thought better to have them done professionally and my sewing isn't that good...The shop assistant at the supermarket said the web stuff that bonds hems using heat often drops, I went over to the shop to be told the person that alters clothes is not there on Saturdays...

6 journeys by taxi already...Smiley

Thinking of having a ride to a neighbouring town this afternoon to get some electric blankets if I can...It's a look out...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Michelle said...

Wunderweb on hems isn't forever lasting so pops I think you're doing the right thing.

Pleased you're on the hunt for electric blanket. I think it will be invaluable for you when it gets tougher.

4 August 2012 at 14:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm feeling a bit more positive and feedback on that thread seems less of a worry(I hope so anyhow)

I saw a small sewing machine in Sainsbury's and wondered if it would do for me and the little bit of sewing I do...it was under £50 and was made by Singer...

4 August 2012 at 15:21  
Anonymous Michelle said...

Probably wouldn't do your hems... well it would but you would see the stitch marks on the outside. That being said I do like my sewing machine, mine is a mini for around that price from John Lewis. I do a lot of faffing around on mine and crafts though.

Singer is a good make I think but other than that I don't know :/

4 August 2012 at 19:19  
Anonymous Michelle said...

pops are those your feet in your blog avatar?

4 August 2012 at 19:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes, they are :-)

On another site my avatar was my open hand...

4 August 2012 at 19:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home