My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Government Borrowing Is up!

They say it's unexpected...really? Others are more clever than me explaining why and what it all means.  What I will say is that when the opposition borrowed the present Government criticised and said it was wrong.  Excuses will be given as to why and who is to blame(I suspect the disadvantaged will be top of the list. You know...the usual suspects(most on any state benefit)the ill, the unemployed, the low paid and so on...

But to show how unbiased and fair I am...the opposition is saying that the Government is wrong to carry on with it's austere plans and that the Government is wrong to be borrowing money especially the amount that has...so that's what you do in politics, basically you take take the opposite view.

I better link to the story...

2 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Hi Gildy. Yes, I expected it, I even used to say it was impossible that borrowing would NOT go up. When you think of the debt and deficit how can anyone expect the payments and interest to just vanish within a year or two. In 2009/10 up to the election I think I was saying end of 2012 would be an absolute earliest turning point (imagine turning a tanker round etc) but since then Euro crisis has deepened so no end in sight. The hilarity of the opposition (and the BBC...oh, that is the opposition)is that they have been saying the Coalition must spend (borrow) more...and when the figures rise they still moan! (yes, I know it isn't that simple and I know that vice versa the reaction would be the same).

24 August 2012 at 14:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If I don't have the answer Span, why should I think our leaders know what they are doing either.

26 August 2012 at 21:21  

Post a Comment

<< Home