My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I'm Out Of The Loop...

There is little in the way of sitcom on British TV and comedy originating from these shores is mainly "Stand Up" or many of the same comedians appearing on panel shows that require a comic response. The truth is quite often the same comedians turn up on most programmes. It's probably quite cheap to produce by today's TV production standards.

Having not watched much tv many are unknown to me or when I have watched I haven't seen what the audience seem to have to have them roaring with laughter and rocking in the isles.

Is there something about being in a collective group and having prepared for going out to see a show?
That makes you more responsive?

One comediene that I seem to like and amuses me(even if I don't laugh out loud)is Sarah Millican and if ever she was to appear locally I think I would consider going to see her. She is performing in the Tyneside area but when you have to add transport costs and may have to consider staying overnight in hotel, for me it's a no no. Even, if I found a way to save up for it.

My night out at the local theatre has had to be saved up for and even that is spoilt due to the added cost of needing a taxi each way. But as it was a few months away, I have been able to sort it out.

I have the chance to meet someone I talk to on a forum and may take up the offer but a taxi each way adds at least £6 onto the night before I do anything(and as there is musical entertainment and a bar, I'll have to buy a couple of drinks...)

She was sensible enough to suggest meeting in a public place. It wasn't an invite as such but a certain event happens on a Tuesday and "I often go there" And we have not exchanged any details about ourselves, all we know is that we live in the same town. And we are struggling and in a similar situation.

The forum that we take part in is all about helping each other survive and ways to save money and be thrifty. We have passed each other in the street but not know. How do we know? She is the only person on the town that cycles using a red trike with a kind of box on the back for shopping etc...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful, Gildy! I really hope you have a great time and that it's the start of a good friendship. :o)

Jan

24 July 2012 at 17:50  
Blogger crl2amb said...

I hope it goes well gildy, despite the money, it is always good to take up these opportunities, even if only to build your confidence.

Cx

25 July 2012 at 07:51  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think I will have a look out one Tuesday(perhaps more often if it's good)but I think it is off for a few weeks...Sounds like its been going on for years...

And I have that theatre concert in October too...

25 July 2012 at 13:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home