My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, July 09, 2012

The Water Works...

Don't know where they are doing the work. I haven't seen or heard a thing so far. It could be miles away. Then again, I haven't run the water tap so far today so don't know if the water is discoloured...yet!

I have...56 litres of bottled water. Half is fizzy, half is still. It only costs 18p for a two litre bottle so is not too expensive.

Now without panicking in the next two weeks some farmers who produce milk for the supermarkets may be on strike and they are doing it during the Olympic Games. So consider getting some long life milk, evaporated milk, powdered milk and possibly some fresh milk for freezing just in case it becomes difficult to obtain...

The fresh vegetables have already gone up in price and are in short supply thanks to the bad weather the UK has been suffering so again consider buying some frozen and tinned vegetables just for emergencies...Also they are now saying cereal prices will be up so bread and similar items will cost more and that probably means cereal too. And of course meat will go up in price too because they feed cereal to livestock. Consider having a small store room. Watch inflation rise...

They are letting peas rot in the ground and they are three weeks behind picking them. They are bringing broccoli in from America.

It's a strange year this one...

I've nearly finished the task of that store cupboard...hoorah!

The pantry is too small and you can't get at everything. Still don't have as much as I thought I had or have spent money on...In reality there is probably more than enough for one person really...

If I clear out some of the built in wardrobes(have a clothes tidy up/clear out)perhaps I can put my food store into one of them and out of sight upstairs...

I have filled ten 30L capacity crates but sometimes the shape and height of items means you don't get as much into a crate as you hope but they are really heavy...

A store cupboard can be as big or small as you wish and contain what you think you need or will use.

Also whether you are doing it to save money and time for when your money gets tight or in case of a disaster.

I have seen a very good list printed by a friend on a forum...think I'll reprint it on my blog just to get people at least thinking about possibly doing something similar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home