My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 04, 2012

What An Afternoon...

The rain that has come down this afternoon...I don't remember seeing it as bad.

Anyhow I did manage to get out for a small shop. Bread, fruit, some salad stuff. I forgot the marmalade. Typical. There's always tomorrow...

Now having talked with others on the internet I have discovered something that may mean I use less aluminium foil and my chickens or meat will remain moist. They can be used in an oven and a microwave. So perhaps they can be used in a slow cooker and halogen oven too.

What are they?  Roasting bags! Wilkinsons sell 10 for £1.13 so not too bad. They also help keep the oven clean. So I purchased 30, they'll keep me going for a while. Some shops you only get two so that's a pretty good buy to me.

I also found something I have never thought of using before and it cost approx £1, a splatter guard to put over a frying pan.

Always learning...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've used roasting bags for years and I wouldn't be without my splatter guard.

4 July 2012 at 22:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Anon,
Today was a good day and they should be put to good use :-)

4 July 2012 at 22:41  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I bought a lot of strawberries and Blueberries today. Its time to increase my intake again...

4 July 2012 at 22:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You see, I can be helpful sometime. I'm not all bad.

5 July 2012 at 16:11  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I never thought otherwise Anon :-)

I don't judge, well I try not to...

Most people I am coming into contact think I am doing well epecially soon soon after what's happened.

Things always look more stark written down...if we were talking in person, I think it would be more apparent.

5 July 2012 at 16:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home