My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Better Than A Knife!

Just tried out the 85p egg slicer that I purchased a few weeks ago. The verdict!

It's fantastic. Lots of uniform thin slices of eggs with the yolk intact...

I'll be using that again...

Also what a good idea to have some eggs already hard boiled and in the fridge for quickness. They last up to a week(I am told)

If you have a salad, want to make sandwiches etc...they are just there, ready and waiting. I boiled them all at the same time.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it the first time you've tried to use an egg slicer?

21 July 2012 at 08:05  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I've led a shettered life :-) Just used a knife. Never gave it much of a though!

21 July 2012 at 09:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If it cuts a tomato...I'll be laughing. I have a Nicer Dicer I have yet to use :-)

Some gadgets do not require energy to use them unless you count Human energy...

21 July 2012 at 10:14  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Sorry, but nicer dicers are rubbish, disappointingly ;)

Egg slicer - good!

Cx

21 July 2012 at 13:08  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Not missing anything then by the sound of it! At least mine was on offer so I did not pay full price.

21 July 2012 at 13:42  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never managed to cut tomatoes in my egg slicer...... it tends to squash them.

21 July 2012 at 15:39  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Do you know...I had a feeling that might happen :-)

All tomatoes? Or do think it depends how big or firm they are?

21 July 2012 at 19:53  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried various ones over the years. The skins are tough, but you might be successful. I haven't tried for ages.

Some eggs are tougher to cut than others.

21 July 2012 at 20:54  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

An egg slicer is the same as another right? I'd have said that.

You know it might be that one from one manufacturer works better than another, something as simple as that, would be great if it did work...

21 July 2012 at 23:40  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you tried to slice a tomato with it yet........I wait with baited breath.

23 July 2012 at 07:13  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Eggs yes...tomatoes...no!

24 July 2012 at 04:11  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So.......does that mean your slicer doesn't slice tomatoes, or you haven't tried it yet?

I've tried a few times with different slicers, and the result every time has been a squashed tomato!

25 July 2012 at 06:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I tried a nice firm smallish tomato, it marked it but started to squash it. I guess what defeats it is the skin. Wonder why no one has tried to come up with a gadget that would slice tomatoes.

I have gadgets that can cut tomatoes in wedges or dice them but for now its back to the knife...

25 July 2012 at 20:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home