My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Food Banks...

I may add my own comments later(I think the article says it all)but I just wanted to link to this article that shows how difficult life is in the UK for many and watch out as many more will be joining this side of things soon...Even me(if I had not started my own store room of food)because that's what it is in reality...a food bank.

I don't mention it outside, not because I am not compassionate but if word gets out people could rob for food and if I give my stuff away, I'll need to be helped and struggle just like them. I say that but if asked with my nature I probably would try and give. Cheap shot coming here...

I wonder what some of the politicians in Government who we know are well heeled would like to donate to a scheme like this? Even, if the Government is cutting back.

 Is this the "Big Society" at work or a failure of society that we need such places? Most who need them are not the stereotypical types that the media and politicians would have you believe. I heard a heartbreaking interview on Radio 4's Today Programme yesterday morning with a mother struggling to feed a couple of young girls and where was she, in a place not normally associated with the poor, usually to live there you are thought to be "Well Off!"

Where you ask?

Salisbury...Smiley

Food Banks.

3 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

Please see the chicken post for my comments re: food bank.

Also if things get as bad as we are dreading, surely law and order would break down and people would be breaking into peoples' homes for their supplies (not meaning to scare you here!), but one can imagine how civilized people will be in such circumstances.

Off to escape into some Corrie.

Cx

20 July 2012 at 19:29  
Blogger crl2amb said...

PS. Will email tomorrow when I have a bit more time.

Cx

20 July 2012 at 19:31  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Carol...enjoy Corrie :-)

A valid point about keeping quiet if you have a food store.

I wonder if we are heading for unrest again...

I have Any Questions on Radio 4 and they've been discussing the strikes happening next week and I have heard the tory representative condemn the action and saying they've chosen this time to cause the most disruption...he would say that and he's stating the obvious...of course they have!

But others have brought up the divide and rule again...you know the employed against the unemployed, the employed against the disbaled etc...

They always do that!

And already the Labour leader has kind have forgotten his solidarity with those he mixed with at the Durham Miner's Gala last weekend as he has condemned the strike too.

And for good measure so has the leader of the third main political party.

So that's all of them singing from the same hymn sheet then...

So your alternative choice is...

They also say that public opinion will be against the strike...Well, you'll get some that are for and some that against or have no opinion either way, That is a sweeping generalisation.

I have seen quite a lot of opinion today that has been for the strike and against the politicians and...even the Oylmpics.

Again, sometimes we are told what we should be thinking by the media.

20 July 2012 at 20:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home