My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Can't Get Motivated Today...

Not depressed...let's make that clear. But it's another dull, dull, day. It starts off with blue skies and fluffy white clouds around 5am and then as the day goes on it just changes.


It was a bit colder last night in my home but I avoided putting the heating on, insted I put on my thermal socks and pyjama bottoms, that did the trick. What a performance I have to put socks on these days...I now quite often have two options with socks, I either leave them off altogether, or wear them for a few days, it's not worth the gymnastics trying to put them on...even putting trousers on can be something else.


I may have a look out around 4pm, I haven't been out for a few days...I don't really need anything so could probably go until the weekend but I cannot be bothered to order off line and wait for a rucksack/bag to be delivered, the one that I would like that was half price, in blue, I don't think they are getting it in again as it's been out of stock for over a week.  


There is one that is slightly smaller in blue and is £2 less than my first choice by Adidas but it is still half price. It has Olympic logo's on it. I would prefer it without but it's just to bring small amounts of shopping and on my budget and being single, big shopping trips are out so it will do me fine and probably last years.


So I think I'll go for it! £9.99 isn't a bad price. As long as I can get salad stuff, bread, milk and similar items into it, that's good enough for me.


Think I'll get ready and have a look out now...


Then come home, do a quick tidy and perhaps have something to eat...

7 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

"I put on my thermal socks and pyjama bottoms, that did the trick"...so you were naked before?

;-)

Is there a Millets/Outdoor shop near you? Get decent bags there that ill last longer: 10 quid doesn't sound like 'quality carrying utensil' to me.

17 July 2012 at 17:04  
Blogger crl2amb said...

It would be a shame to be stuck with that logo! ;)

Cx

17 July 2012 at 19:30  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks Span and Carol...

It does look like that...I sometimes can wear less but now the CH is not used much I have to wear more...

Must look for a hat, gloves and some kind of winter/raincoat.

Spent an extra £5 and have a ruck sack that is slightly larger...all in blue and no logo's...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9277274/Trail/searchtext%3EBACK+PACKS.htm

Remind me not to put so much in it next time...I can fill and even with padded straps it does the shoulders no good. You forget how heavy food can be.

Better to make a few journeys than one big one.

I was struggling but was at the bottom of my street when a young girl(is that term offensive)offered to help with my carrier bag and helped me home.

There are still some nice people in the world.

The bag will be very handy. I tried a shopping trolley out earlier in the day, when full of shopping I think that too could be useful and I can use the handle to steady myself but empty I might tip it over...so I would still need my walking stick initially.

18 July 2012 at 00:40  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Too much weight in the bag affected one of my knees too...another reason not to fill it...but it was easier than carrier bags...

18 July 2012 at 07:48  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you have collapsible grocery carts there, Gildy?

My grandmother had one and she used it until it fell apart!

It wasn't that expensive either.

Here's one from Target to show what I'm talking about.

http://www.target.com/p/black-folding-shopping-cart/-/A-523173


Jan

18 July 2012 at 13:12  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Yes Jan they are a bit like the one's I was looking at...I may still buy one...but our's are like this...all made up...some even have a design where they have seat that you can pull down and have a rest...

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Browse/ID72/14419390/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/2%7C14419152%7CLuggage%7C14419371/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419371%7CShopping+trolleys%7C14419390.htm

18 July 2012 at 15:14  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Because I won't buying a lot of shopping, I am debating whether I can get away with a shopping trolley that I can pull with one arm and only costs around £16 rather than £33...but it holds much more than the pack pack.

Be better for milk, soft drinks etc...bulky, heavy items.

The back pack for odds and ends...

Funny to think if I buy the one which is cheaper its costing me about the same as my ruck sack I bought yesterday...

18 July 2012 at 15:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home