My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Unemployment Is Down Again...

Yeah right! What's that saying about statistics can be made to say whatever you wish? I so want to use this again:^o liar

Take a look at this article...

Employment Is Rising But It's Not Down To Job Creation

And when a previous Prime Minister was asked by a reporter about 20% unemployment she came back by saying "Yes but 80% are working!" That doesn't tell you what jobs they are doing, whether they are on schemes or are being paid a decent wage.

And our present PM tried the same trick by using statistics to suit his argument that unemployed were claiming Housing Benefit by saying one in every eight is claiming it were unemployed. I could say yes but seven in every eight are in work...but still have to claim because the wages are poor and they cannot pay all their bills...probably because they are on a minimum wage, could be on a scheme, not able to claim some benefits due to savings or the jobs they are in are part time, many reasons...

I never believe these figures put out regarding the unemployment totals...

Remember I mentioned a young girl helped me home with my shopping the other day?

I found out that she has been housed round the corner from me and near to where her parents live and she was happy even though she is not getting any or much help with the cost of staying there.

I assume they have housed her in a two bedroomed house(smaller properties are hard to find around here)but she is already worried about the bedroom tax coming in next year, she has little in the way of furniture and is sleeping on an airbed and yes, having to make the food go as far as she can because she is on a tight budget.

BTW When the BBC used to report about the cuts regarding welfare they used to say "Welfare cuts" now they have changed that to "Savings in Welfare costs" or something similar...it doesn't sound quite so bad when said in that way does it?

At last after telling us unemployment figures are better on the BBC all day they have finally added that thoughthe figures have dropped we are still at an all time high and it's the highest amount of people out of work for 15 years. Why did they wait until now to add that to the news story?

The story seems to have been dealt with more fairer on their website...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home