My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A Time Of Innocence...

It has been reported on the radio news that William Asher has passed awaySmiley


Who?


Well, he was the TV producer of some of the greatest, gentlest comedy programmes shown on television. If you ever grew up watching I Love Lucy(with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez)and Bewitched with Elizabeth Montgomery and Dick York, you'll know exactly what I mean.


Some stations around the world are still running them but at present I don't believe they can be viewed on UK TV so you'll have to look for clips/episodes on sites like You Tube.


He was ninety years old.
Thanks for all the laughs and childhood memories Bill!  Smiley

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, how sad. RIP Mr. Asher. Thanks for the wonderful entertainment. :o(

Jan

18 July 2012 at 13:16  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hi Jan,
Hope you are well.

Yes sadly, we all have to go...of course this weekend would have been Lucille Ball's 100th birthday!

My radio listening is picking up so I hope to return to the site soon(if I can remember the site address...I hope it wasn't removed from the PC when it was cleaned.

I think I have your e-mail addy still(don't publish it on here though...)so if I have I can always e-mail you to get it again...

18 July 2012 at 15:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have yours too. I've sent you an e-mail to make it's the right one.

I also sent the forum's address.

You know we love to have you there whenever you're up to it. :o)

Jan

19 July 2012 at 05:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home