My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

It's Funny How You Look At...

foods that you have never considered before when on a budget, whether to eat now or to add to a store room in case things get even more difficult income wise or as prices increase. A regular item I like is Marmite. Tesco's own is fine but for less than 20p I decided to stick with the original. I have found the Breakfast marmalade in the Tesco "Everyday" range is pretty good too. That is cheap. Tonight, I have purchased for the first time ever, some Chicken Bovril.

Also, some sweeteners for adding to tea and coffee from the same range. I bought some pork meatballs tonight they cost me £1.89 but they are cooked so I can have them cold or cook them in a microwave/fry them to have them hot. There are plenty and I can have a few meals. If I was to buy raw meat and cook them myself I don't think they'd be any cheaper.

And I still, though careful, do not always worry about sell by/use by dates...I have just eaten a whole tub of Salmon Paté with a use by date for 16th July, I refuse to believe that when 17th July comes around it goes off that quickly. If a few days have passed I might think otherwise...

There is a run on some items thanks to the weather and today on the Farming Programme they said expect fresh carrots to increase in price but you'll probably get less for your money and they'll be stumpy so by the time you top and tail them not sure what will be left. It has been suggested if you live near a farm shop you may do better buying a bag of carrots intended to feed horses.

The truth is a lot of good vegetables are thrown away just  because they are wonky and if they'd sell them in supermarkets they probably would be cheaper...

The good news is that the UK's Met Office suggests the worst of our weather may be over and we could return to the weather we are suppose to get at this time of year...the Jet Stream has started to move rather than staying static but we could still be talking of next week before it's noticed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home