My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, July 16, 2012

I'm Ex Directory...

I have few if anyone to phone and the people calling me have virtually become non existent. Most I suspect are companies doing the silent calls or trying to sell me something. I can go weeks without any calls.

Two minutes ago I found that I had been called perhaps 40 minutes ago and a number had been left which obviously is from my area so I phoned back...

The caller claims that she has phoned no one at all and did not call me...What's that all about? I even suggested had she rang a wrong number by mistake but still she says that she hasn't.

What can you do?

6 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

I got one of those caller display thingys off ebay. I have to pay 2.20 per month to Virgin, but it is worth it.

You have been analysing and thinking a lot Anthony. Many fascinating posts.

Where is VQ these days? Hope she is ok?

Cx

16 July 2012 at 23:19  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I hope that VQ is...The last post said that she would be back but was using a computer at the library as she was having internet problems at home...

And the other week she was at her son's home in your neck of the woods...cat sitting...

17 July 2012 at 00:46  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

If I start getting lots of calls I may think about what you suggest but I often don't year them as I leave the ringer off and I can use the internet now without dial up.

And I have no one calling me(family wise now...)It's all gone quiet!

17 July 2012 at 00:48  
Blogger Span Ows said...

tell her that you KNOW someone form that address/phone number called. You will come round and sort it out if you don't get a sensible reply (of course you won't!)

I rent* now and it is very comforting the lack of calls and mail I (don't) get.

*gas, water, electric, council, TV, whatever, etc. all included so I pay one bill...like a hotel really which is probably why I feel comfortable!

17 July 2012 at 17:00  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I like that idea Span...

The phone line and internet/calls when sorted cost me £7.50 a week.

Can't really say what I am spending on electric and gas but I have cut back(and keep warm in other ways)

Extra clothes etc...still don't know whether to pay monthly DD or quarterly.

And the rent/CT is as it was until I come into Mum's savings...lots of unknowns...

Found out I can take a lodger in so that may be something to consider in the future and may mean I can stay put...

17 July 2012 at 21:58  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

The phone and internet could be reduced to £5 per week without penalty, but it won't be as good.

18 July 2012 at 06:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home