My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Can I Cook Chicken In Four Hours...

Yes, I can. I now believe that can do it in less time than that. Which for a slow cooker isn't bad. It's still moist and falls away from the carcass. But it has remained intact this time. When cooked in the main oven it is of a more dry texture.

The liquid from cooking it remained in the roasting bag and is usable this time as stock and if I boil the bones, there could be more that I can add...but I may have enough already.

I consider myself a reasonably good cook but you can always learn.

A few things in the fridge were backing up on each other date wise and I had visions of trying to eat my way through what I have or throw them out as they would be passed their dates even by my standards...but in the smallest of writing possible I have discovered that I can freeze the bacon. I can freeze cooked chicken thighs and even the mackerel, so I should be able to save money and probably get a few extra meals out of my food.

I have also had some advice how to wrap the food better so it lasts longer and is in better condition when it is taken out of the freezer.

And as promised I must start to label and date items better. And write that list of what I have and place one in each crate. Also group similar items together.

Did I say? I know being alone at Christmas is going to be difficult and I'll either have to treat it like any other day or play the Christmas music which Mum and I shared, make myself have a Christmas meal with all the trimmings and drink a toast to Mum(and Dad)and use up the Champagne originally purchased for Mum's Birthday and New Year.Smiley

I would not have usually purchased it but it was on offer and now alone it's highly unlikely I'll buy it ever again. I have Christmas wrapping paper and bows that will never be used. A box of Christmas Crackers that I cannot pull on my own. I suspect I will be in bed before Midnight on New Year's Eve too.

For all that I will try not be miserable, And I have said elsewhere, if money allows even if I use them after Christmas I am going t try and have one crate in my store room of Christmas treats, you know...cakes, biscuits, sweets, Christmas puds...things like that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home