My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

You Might Think...

watching a radio programme going out via a web cam as being boring but BBC Radio 5 has a more sophisticated set up and you get a variety of views. Then again is it that much different to an interview in a TV studio?

It can be interesting seeing how some presenters, news/sports readers spend ages in the studio or how others arrive with seconds to spare and/or how relaxed or hyped up some are. Some are so relaxed they have their legs on the desk.

Most sit in their chairs for hours but Rhod Sharpe who normally does his programme from the USA and is never seen on a web cam and though in a US studio the programme is presented as though it's being done in the UK.

However, he's been doing some kind of walking holiday in the UK and plans more but tonight he's doing the programme from the new studio's in Salford, Manchester where Radio 5 has moved to so its a rare chance to see him in action and he is the first person I can say to do most of the programme standing up.

I know many years ago a lot of music jocks especially in the US and Holland started to present their programmes whilst standing. But I've not seen serious news speech radio done this way before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home