My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Town Clock Is Said To Be Being Saved...

But moved to a new location, this has been said for quite some time, the town centre is supposed to being revamped. They've promised this for a long time but in the present economic climate they are doing well to hang on to the shops we have already.

Anyhow some months ago the pointers were removed from all four faces of the town clock so though it's chimed the time, there has been no way to see the time between chimes. They were removed and regenerated because the management who run the town said they were badly corroded.

Its strange but on the day of the Memorial service for Mum, they had been returned to their rightful place. And it seemed right.

Sunday the Olympic torch comes through my town passing almost near my home. Haven't decided if I will make the effort to watch it pass by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home