My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A While Ago Breakfast Was Discussed...

And how important it is at the start of the day or was when perhaps many people had a more physically demanding job. We also questioned whether eating a "Full" English Breakfast really did you any harm.

Well, someone on another forum asked what did we eat before cereal came along. The general opinion was that we ate the "Full" English(but that in itself offers quite a variety of ingredients)and it's up to you how big a portion you decide to eat...

It could include eggs, bacon, ham, chips, sausages, black pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes, omelet, baked beans, fried bread. It could also include orange juice, tea or coffee, cereal, porridge, pancakes, fruit, croissants, crumpets, toast with jam or marmalade. I've probably missed something.

In my case as I eat when I feel like it my Breakfast could be in the evening. And as complicated or simple as I want it to be.

Well, this website is quite interesting offering information about Breakfasts but also some suggestions what to eat.

The Breakfast Panel

Breakfast And Brunch

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before cereals I had porridge, cooked overnight in a double saucepan. Bacon sandwiches at the weekend, or a boiled egg and soldiers.

24 June 2012 at 18:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That sounds that alright Anon. A good old bacon sandwich. It's years since I had a boiled egg with soldiers. My memory isn't what it was I remember my Father worked days one week and the next nights...

The good thing was that one week you actually got a three day weekend in theory.

I remember when he came in from nightshift and I was working he took care of breakfast and I think Mum used to get up quite early but after I had gone out but I honestly cannot remember what happened on the week he was out during the day.

Perhaps I just grabbed a bowl of cereal.

I know I used to try and stay in bed as long as I could so I tended to get shaved at night before I went to bed, laid out my clothes for the next day.

I cannot remember if I took a packed lunch, don't think that I did.

Being in the centre of a retail area I think we used to just pop into shop and buy sandwiches, a portion of chips and cup of soup.

Wonder why I can't remember?

24 June 2012 at 19:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home