My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Water Bills To Be Means Tested...

Really?

I think people would like something similar with gas and electric bills? Why stop there...rent and council tax are a similar problem for many. I know it's impractical and not going to happen.

When you do receive help with paying your rent with Housing benefit the payment you make each week is for water rates. This newspaper article suggests the average amount paid by households annually in the England and Wales is £376. I pay approx £450. So wrong again...

I wonder what they pay in Scotland and N.Ireland.

It's been said that water, gas and electric should be subsidised or free up to a certain point before you pay and in reality that would mean nationalising the essentials of life but it will never happen and can you imagine the problems of closing down the private companies that run the utility companies.

Some countries do help their population with energy. It's been said that Azerbaijan has some Human right issues but because it is rich in some form of oil and gas, it was said somewhere that the population gets free energy or it's at a very low price...I wish I could find the reference to this...

They worry about how we;ll pay the Water Rates but those on benefits(Ill/Unemployed)on low incomes they keep taking away income in other ways(today we hear plans to take Housing Benefit away from the under 25's)

Forget about the so called scroungers that always get mentioned(the girls they say get pregnant to get a home)as most of these(heck many older people too)work for the minimum wage instead of an employer paying a decent wage, a "Living" wage even the decent people starting out will be struggling.

I fear where this country is going...they keep saying we're safe and not like Greece, well let's just see..I think we are certainly to some extent copying Ireland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home