My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

I Still Find Listening To Hymns Can Make Me Sad...


or feel depressed, one day hopefully not. When Mum was ill in the Nursing Home I'd ask Mum if she wanted me to turn off the half hour religious programme that came on the radio on a Sunday but not very often, it perhaps brought comfort. It's not a very heavy programme, the hymns are short and the conversation between the songs is very light and now it's no longer handled by a vicar or priest they've given the job to an ex Blue Peter presenter, Diane Louise Jordan.

Well, when I as at Mum's Memorial Service last week the last hymn was one I had found myself singing at home which cut me up. When I remember the name of the hymn I am talking of I'll correct this post and name it. Tonight, that religious programme came on and I was in two minds whether to leave it on but I did.

It's main theme was(well there were two)acknowledgement of carers and what they do(I no longer can say that I do that)and Father's Day which is today and who I can think of but like Mum I lost my Father 28 years ago. So I feel a little empty tonight.

Anyhow, it's strange I found myself thinking about the hymn "Praise My Soul The King Of Heaven" and the last hymn on the programme was that. The first was the hymn that started Mum's Memorial Service last week, "Be Still For The Presence Of The Lord". This seems to happen more and more with me. I think of  some music and it comes up a few minutes later.

Earlier in the day, a piece of music that affected me deeply a few weeks ago appeared on the same programme we used to listen to together, Matt Monroe - "Born Free" but thankfully though it still touched me, I found I was not as upset and I was able to listen.

Earlier tonight I made myself cook a hot meal and it was quite easy and hopefully did not use much electric but I cheated a bit!

I boiled some Jersey Potatoes, microwaved some frozen vegetables already portioned and in a kind of packet so they were steamed(Sweet Corn, Spinach, Peas, Broccoli)sliced sweet cure pork and some gravy made from granules. It took me approx 15 minutes from start  to finish. 


Since then I have had three Jaffa Cakes and a mug of coffee(and the last of my medication for the day)and another pork sandwich.


I'll not come to any harm if that's all I have for today. I suspect that is more than some people eat but not knowing when my next meal will be morning or afternoon, it will keep me filled up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home