My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Made Contact With The Crematorium...

May work out some kind of way forward soon, sadly it has to be done and I am unsure further delay will help. So I believe I will be going to discuss things with them during the week commencing 25th June...and I'll have to decide whether to bring Mum's ashes home and find somewhere they'll allow her ashes to be scattered that meant something to her or to use the gardens at the crematorium and whether it is a simple internment or we have some kind of plaque etc...or if I bring them home, I can return them to crematorium later...

I had to contact the landlord today and can report everything is still ok regarding my rent etc...the bad news is that I may still have no choice but to move in the future and I don't want to and I know many others in work, unemployed, ill, retired, on benefit or low income sometimes have to go even though they don't want to so I am not feeling sorry for myself or trying to make on that I am special.

I could probably manage and I will try as long as possible but it all comes down to the changes being brought in in the future but for now nothing has changed.

The one change that will affect people the most is the having to pay for unused bedrooms...you lose or have to find £13 for each spare bedroom. But around here many if they move to smaller properties will still be affected because the smallest properties are mainly two bed roomed so there will always be at least £13 to find.

I dare not think that far ahead, I am living just for the day...then again it may all work out fine and my worries may be unfounded. But the important thing even if not ideal is that I can keep a roof over my head and not end up on the street.

I suspect that I will be making quite a few visits to the CAB in the future...

6 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

Hi Anthony

Just live for the day - it is the only thing that really makes sense.
It is a tough one, having to move out of a property if you do not strictly need the extra bedrooms, but it has been your home for many years. Not a decision anyone could look forward to.

I am having a down day :( - no rhyme no reason, just a "What's it all about?" kind of day and "Just what have I done of any worth in my life?" kind of days.

But there is a little shining light. EDF have put my electricity direct debit DOWN (you may remember my gas was reduced recently), so it seems that even though there were all these horror stories of people getting massive bills and the price of fuel rocketing, I seem to be fortunate for some reason??? I am certainly not complaining, but you can imagine how many hours I could have wasted worrying about what the bills would be like eh Anthony? ;)

Cx

14 June 2012 at 15:56  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I went to see someone who was at Mum's funeral to thank her for coming, she lost her husband in November.

She says if I can manage to pay for the unused rooms don't be forced out of the property for the reasons you give, it has been my home for best part of 50+ years and I have had my name on the rent card for approx 30 years.

If I could continue much as now, though I'll lose some money paying for those rooms and money may be tight I might still be able to afford to stay put.

Live for today is a good rule to follow.

I nearly went with EDF, still could but my Uncle is saying go for duel power from NPower. The lady I saw today is with Eon...everyone is with someone different.

I can quite understand you having a day like you are...sometimes our circumstances are not governed by our actions.

What's it all about is a very normal question to think.

I am in the process of having sliced pork, Cauliflour, Brocalli cheese and jersey potatoes...they were on offer otherwise I probably would not have bothered.

14 June 2012 at 21:03  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

It came out ok and wasn't that bad for a home made attempt, I risked my electric oven tonight only because the tray I was using was metal, then again all my recent meals have been cold so this rare use of the oven hopefully hasn't made a lot of difference.

I've had a very small larger too.

I'm going to rest for an hour or so and listen to the radio, then final push on the tidying of the house ready for the engineer who comes in the morning to service the central heating, I'll hoover in the morning.

Been doing some more flowers in the tubs...bizzie lizzies, marigolds and I have put a fushia in one tub, I may do another yet! So there will be a little colour in the garden...The gardener should be coming tomorrow too...

14 June 2012 at 21:24  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Hope that you are feeling more positive today Carol.

Its difficult not to feel down at present.

I hope VQ has enjoyed the break but weather wise it doesn't seem to have been too nice and it might have stopped her getting out but it won't be so bad if there is a nice view from the window of the cottage and you see the sea...

It looks like its not going to be much of a summer this year.

15 June 2012 at 08:51  
Blogger crl2amb said...

Hi Anthony

Thanks for asking I do feel a little better today but I think I need a good cry if you know what I mean? Let it all out so I can start again, refreshed.

I started to have a little weep when I was at work but of course that was not the time or the place and now I am home, the urge has gone!

Hopefully VQ enjoyed some good company even if the weather was awful, but a change can be as good as a rest and I can imagine her joy as she turns the key in her own front door and thinks "Yes - I am home", and puts the kettle on.

Cx

15 June 2012 at 13:02  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Carol,
I sometimes wonder if I should try and have a little break but again I think I am governed by rules...they probably would say as you are helped by benefits you should not go away.

I'm not sure I could afford to have holiday if I wanted to though it might be a nice idea to charge up the batteries and improve my emotional well being.

I don't think that I have had a holiday for at least 12 years, then again many never have one...

I'm still not surprised you are feeling the way you are. We all get times where we feel "Down" but the problem is we are all having lots of things piled on top that makes it hard to live from day to day and wonder if we can survive financially.

You probably feel(even though you like what you do)as though its work, work, work and as you often say, no one takes into account the costs to even do the work.

That lady I visited yesterday is trying to run a car and already within months of her husband passing away the exhaust and radiator needed replacing/repairing and the MOT is due soon, who knows what may need working on.

Her burgler alarm went wrong(luckily someone came and fixed it for free)but what would they have charged if she'd had to pay(what was a wrong?)a spider had got inside and had triggered that sensor...

Her oven went went wrong and she had to order the parts(luckily a relative repaired it(for free)otherwise again what would it have cost to repair?

Its pay out all the time...

15 June 2012 at 14:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home