My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Here We Go...

Another horrible day...

I went to bed with nice weather and no rain. I awake to a really wet day. Well, that means the gardener won't be here again...so his visit has now been delayed by two weeks. I was hoping the last few days would mean the garden was dry enough for him to catch up.

But the gas engineer will still visit today I'm sure.

As I did a little shop yesterday and I have enough food, I'm not venturing out today and might not do so until  Monday, I have plenty of food and basics like milk and bread. I'd just get soaked!

My Dr's surgery has finally launched a website where I can arrange appointments and order prescriptions on line so that will be handy as long as I have access to the internet and I'll avoid the 08444 call charges which are quite expensive. 70 Dr's surgeries in the area and most use an 0845 or an ordinary phone number but 6 still insist on using 08444 and mine is one of them.

And whether I use a mobile or a phone a short call is quite costly and as most calls I now make are free, it's annoying but if I can do everything on line now that will be even better...I'm trying to avoid using the mobile as much as I possibly can and I don't want to pay a monthly fee when I have few people to call(extra texts/minutes are no use to me so an odd call for a taxi is all I need. I don't stray far from home and there is a free phone for a taxi at the supermarket anyhow.

Its taken ages to get the surgery to allow many of what patients need to be able to access via the internet, other surgeries have offered such facilities for ages...

Update:It really has turned nasty with torrential rain, lightening and thunder rattling around the sky. I'll avoid going out! Perhaps for the whole weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home