My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I Was Thinking That I Had Not Eaten...

Much today...

But I had started early with tomato sandwiches(Two rounds)and then not long after, cereal, milk and strawberries, blueberries and banana. I've just had a kind of ice cream desert and a little container with various fruit in fruit juice.

And a weak coffee so I'm not going to starve.

Its not an exciting day, do I want excitement? Not really. Excitement usually means trouble.

I've just given a neighbour 15 eggs because I know I'll never use them before the use by date and they'd just be thrown out but I now have another 15 eggs that are ok into July so hopefully they will be used...

Perhaps neighbours should share food more than they do to avoid waste and if they cooked a little bit more than is needed they could share meals...I'd accept help if it was offered. If I had someone living next to me who was struggling I'd happily share what I have...

I've had another coffee and a small packet of crisps...

If I do some overnight internet work I could very well be having something else...

I did, I'm calling it a midnight snack but it was nearer 2am...pickled onions, cheese and butter puffs! And a cup of coffee.

3 Comments:

Blogger crl2amb said...

Hi Anthony, just testing if I can leave a comment as I could not earlier.

Cx

13 June 2012 at 21:27  
Blogger crl2amb said...

I leave eggs in the fridge and never go by the use by dates - still here!!

Cx

13 June 2012 at 21:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm not always willing to throw things out if they go past the date and there are some tests that can prove if eggs are still safe anyhow, most food is still ok and a few days will make little difference.

Some people think as soon as a date arrives its off. Food does not suddenly go off! I have even risked meat when it says once opened use within two days, if in a good cold fridge I know I cannot eat all of it in that period of time so may go three or four days...

13 June 2012 at 22:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home