My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

I May Not Go To Bed Tonight!

I have such a lot to do.

I want the house as tidy as possible...out of respect for Mum and Me too I suppose whether I have a limited time here or not...

I have been told don't rush things, give "yourself" time to grieve.

Tomorrow is the funeral after all...

I'll tidy tonight and vacuum clean tomorrow probably in the morning.

I saw Mum one last time for approx 10 minutes and now she is a memory. I have taken the cards to go with my flowers to the florist and tomorrow morning I go to the shop to collect my single rose...

The flowers from America did not arrive today and are coming tomorrow to my house I am told, I hope they do otherwise they'll be too late.

I may get closure though it will be tough when the funeral is over. It draws a line under things I suppose.

I had to do some shopping a few minutes ago and wanted to walk home but it would be a struggle especially carrying the shopping.

Earlier on I asked how anyone can survive in our modern UK. I mean I need prescriptions to keep me alive and stablise my condition. If I lived in Wales or Scotland I'd get them for free I have found out until I come into Mum's money I am still as was so in theory my last prescription which I paid for was still free so I may try and get a refund or start my prepaid certificate at a later date. I'll give them a ring perhaps tomorrow they'll probably be closed at present.

So as I said I did a small shop all I purchased was...

Clover(Half Price)
Bread
Milk
Bread Buns(Two packs of six(total of twelve)for 95p
Spring Onions(Half price)
Tomatoes,
Lettuce(Half Price)
Bananas
Cheap eggs(10)
Cheap Lemonade
Potatoes
Half a Cucumber

That's a fairly basic shop you must agree so what do you think it cost me?

£14.42 and because mobility is poor I had to get a taxi so that added another £3...That's £17.42!

And I'll have to restrict how often I go out to avoid paying for a taxi...If I walk it takes forever and I do struggle but it just takes someone to say that I can walk and report me even though I am extremely slow and who knows what may happen. I could've done with another two taxi's today where I had to go but I tried to save the cost and it took ages to get where I wanted to be and I'm paying for it now that I am home again. But the £6 I saved you could say went towards the cost of my food.

We never went mad when I used to shop but with Mum's money we were able to eat well and buy some items that now I will have to think can I afford to. I know that I can't.

Considering that I have a condition and I want to eat decent food to avoid affecting my health am I really going to be stuck eating cheap foods(lower than own brand)Am I going to have to fill myself with bland food like milk and cereal, baked beans and other tinned items. Depend on having cold meals and sandwiches. Even cut back on a meal here and there?

No wonder some people are now going to food banks...It's frightening!

The clothes I have will last me years, I will use the washer as a last resort and may go back to handwashing more often again. I mainly wear trainers, I won't win any prizes for my elegance. And most of the white goods I have will be run into the ground before they are replaced. My carpets are old and many are worn but there's only me to please.

My priority is that I hope I can keep the electric and gas going and I will have to see what deals I can find and see if I can save some more money.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must get some sleep tonight, or you'll be too tired to cope with the funeral tomorrow.

3 May 2012 at 21:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Anon, I probably will get a couple of hours but get up earlier than normal. I may go in the next few minutes. I can sleep when I come home...and once home say around 4pm I have all the time I need to sleep. It will seem strange.

3 May 2012 at 21:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Then I have nothing to do until going to the CAB for advice on 8th May, I suspect they'll just tell me what I have been told already.

But it will be clear!

Maybe I can take the weekend and Bank Holiday and just rest. All departments that could hassle me about money and the future will be closed.

If I go I have an appointment with my Dr on Wednesday 9th where I was thinking of starting to get some of my own medical problems seen to.

I know I need my teeth fixing and may need to get some dentures. A hernia fixed and that will require a stay in hospital and perhaps get my eyes tested. And some new glasses.

3 May 2012 at 21:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why don't you buy yourself a cheap mobility scooter ? it would soon pay for all your taxi fares.

You might have to pay for your dentures if you've still got your Mother's money.

3 May 2012 at 22:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You never know...that would reduce Mum's money...

I may get my dentistry done before probate is passed or again it will just reduce Mum's money...

3 May 2012 at 22:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home