My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, April 20, 2012

A Night In The Armchair...

Mum had a reasonably good day but by evening was in pain and sneed pain relief...it took at least ninety minutes to kick in...

I hung around awhile and she still wasn't very good...

Hot and clamy...

Then around 3am she was in pain again and moaning and shouting out so needed more and again it took until approx 5.30am to work and when I left at 7.30am she was sleeping pain free and restful...

Getting ready to go again...

It was a busy night for the home as a new resident is shouting for a nurse and pressing his buzzer all the time, he's in for respite and does not have dementia...and the police were in for other reasons(I suspect not good ones)

See you soon...

5 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Hi Gildy. I see things still aren't wonderful. I note from the 'A New Twist' post - and what you say here - that you are staying nights at the home too, is that right? Careful you don't ruin your own life more than you have to; I know that sounds callous and it is hard to write what I mean but (and at the risk of sounding like Anon in the previous posts!) you sound like you are doing far more than should be expected of you.

20 April 2012 at 18:38  
Anonymous VQ said...

I agree with you, Span Ows but, given the same circumstances, wouldn't you do the same? I would.
Sorry to hear that your mum wasn't so good last night, Gildy.
I hope you both have a better night tonight.

20 April 2012 at 18:43  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people can't stay all night with their relatives in a nursing home, as they've got to get out of bed the next day to go to work.

By the same account most residents in nursing homes don't have the luxury of a relative staying with them for 7 hours a day.

I've got some experience of working in nursing homes & I must say I've never come across this situation mentioned by the blog owner before !

20 April 2012 at 19:39  
Blogger A Northern Bloke said...

Hi Gildy,

Just popped in to see how things were and to let you know I'm still thinking of you both.

Cheers,

LPJ aka ShyTalk aka Northern Bloke

21 April 2012 at 14:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Most people can't stay but as things don't good it may not be for much longer and whilst I am able why not, however long I have left of my life, I'll never be able to do it again...you only get one Mum.

Also in many cases other "Carers" may have a few family members to share the hours between them.

Also they are probably letting me stay because they know "The end is near!"

Thanks Northern Bloke.

Span I'll do what I can, whilst I can, there will plenty of time when I am unable...

Life will not be easy...financially and the change of general circumstances.

Thanks again VQ...

21 April 2012 at 16:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home