My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Long Day...

I was walking around Tesco's around 6am this morning. Well, remarkably I was short of bread, milk and the pants Mum needs and knowing that we usually have people calling on Tuesdays(District Nurse, Social Worker etc...)but the fact they do not give you a time they'll visit I really could not leave it until after they'd been.

We're only a few streets away and there is a taxi on call from around 5.30am anyhow.

I'd rather be in my warm bed but you know once you make the effort, its not too bad and there are only a few shoppers out at that time. So you can get around easily and most of what you want is on the shelf, later on sometimes some items are in short supply. Perhaps I'll do this more often.

And being that it is Valentine's Day I made a small gesture for Mum. I found a really, small but cute teddy bear peering out of a kind of little carrier bag and as we don't have a lot of room in the bedroom(and Mum is there more than downstairs)I purchased a small spray of yellow carnations.

Mum liked what I chose.

I am hoping that I can also manage to have Mum eat a little more than usual today and have something a little more tasty, even if its small portions, so I think we'll have some soup, possibly a little bit of fish pie and followed by some kind of desert(Bakewell tart or apple pie)with some custard. That's going to be around 600-800 calories and with all the coffee and Complans already eaten(plus a Vanilla Custard Rice Pot)we will at least have reached or just managed to go over the 2,000 calorie standard that keeps your weight constant, any more is a bonus.

5 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

What a very kind thought the teddy and flowers were.
I know I'm repeating myself, Gildy but your mum is a lucky lady.

14 February 2012 at 18:28  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thanks :-)
Sometimes less is more.

The flowers are in a kind of alcove in the middle of wardrobe unit where a mirror is(that where I have the mp3 player and little speakers too)

Being in this kind of alcove it increases the volume of the music so you get set the volume lower and still hear it well so the battery lasts longer.

Mum has a photo of me as a child(where did my hair go)and my dad.

And the bear in his carrier has been hung on a handle of one of the wardrobe doors(a high one)so the bear is looking down on "Us"
:-)

Happy Valentine's Day to you to! xx

14 February 2012 at 19:41  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Nice thought Gildy. keep it up.

Re the insulation a couple of posts down, there is sure to be some overlap into the adjoining wall between the houses.

15 February 2012 at 08:15  
Blogger crl2amb said...

You don't say if you were in your pjyamas Anthony!? ;/

15 February 2012 at 09:53  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I keep hearing about people going out in their bed attire :-) Haven't seen it yet.

But you know what...thinking about years ago...I soimetimes drove Mum to her voluntary school work and because I was going straight back to bed I used to put a coat over my PJ's.(You'll have to give me your name again so I can be a bit more personal)

Span, we may benefit from their insulation work then...as long as I/we can stay here. What was new is that I think the wall between our properties might've had foam added? Do you have cavity walls between properties or do they only exist facing out to the street or gardens?

15 February 2012 at 12:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home