My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, February 02, 2012

I Like...

A hot meal as much as anyone but with Mum eating smaller portions and sometimes we eat at different times...

Today I thought...

I need something that is good but can be prepared quickly and so for the moment I am mainly thinking of eating things like various sandwiches in wholemeal buns and meals like salads etc...as long as they have good healthy fillings(cheese, ham, pork, salad and so on)they will be as good as a meal and offer all my body needs nutritionally, fill me up and have plenty of calorific value.

And naturally there are the standbys such as soups, baked beans, spaghetti, tinned tomatoes, poatoes, mash potato, fish and chicken.

I've also loads of yogurts, fruit and other little treats I can have after a meal or at various times throughout the day.

So I should be ok! We both should(I'll always try and get a warm meal into Mum)and she cannot really manage sandwiches anyhow.

Looking at my list I'm not sure that there's much that I haven't got in my food store.

3 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

My son tells me that a small handful of nuts every day is good because they offer nutrients that we may not otherwise get. (Not peanuts though. Strictly speaking they're not nuts at all.) Mum probably couldn't manage them but you could.
Also eggs are good, nutritionally, and so versatile.
Green leafy veg are very important too.
I always have some watercress in and use it in sandwiches and lots of other meals. You seem to have a pretty varied diet, Gildy.
I can't really fault it.
This time of year I love a hot/warm lemon juice and honey drink to try to ward off colds.

2 February 2012 at 19:20  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Four very good tips VQ...when I used to have a cold I did my own version of Lemsip using hot lemonade and paracetemol. However, your use of "Real" lemon juice sounds even better and with honey too :-)

Yes, nuts are said to be a good nutritional food.

I used to have a great book called Foods That Harm, Foods That Heal(I still have if I could find where I put it down)published by Reader's Digest and found it in a charity shop.

I put some salad stuff(herb)in the sandwich I just had(Sliced pork, tomato and the salad in a wholemeal bun)I smeaked a little Marmite in there too ;-)

Oh eggs are great and so versatile.

You can actually eat well and not eat large portions.

2 February 2012 at 22:19  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I thought that I had done all my shopping and found that I was out of kitchen rolls.

Most supermarkets sell 2ply but Wilkinsons sell a 3ply version which is stronger and lasts longer even though it costs a bit more and I use it more for medical reason regarding Mum so I had to go out.

Anyhow, I found in the freezer shop they had four Jacket Potatoes for £1.30 and you can microwave them in five minutes.

So I thought that wasn't too bad and if I put some cheese/baked beans on the potato it will add extra flavour.

3 February 2012 at 14:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home