My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Smoothie Two...

Thought I'd make a smoothie for Mum last evening and no matter how I reassembled the Smoothie Machine I was using and made certain all parts were tightly in place...the liquid(in this case milk)kept leaking out around where the tap attaches to the machine and I ended up losing probably a pint of milk.

It is probably something I have not done correctly but in the end I thought..."I'll move onto my new food processor" but if you only want to use the smoothie facility that's a bit of a pain.

Today, I found one that does all I want...it had £2 knocked off the price too.

It is in the range of the Argos store's own brand and I have not been disappointed with previous items that I have purchased(a microwave and juice extractor)so I suspect this will be ok too.

It's nice to be back in business.

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

Hi Gildy, probably just filled it too full, or if not pulp the fruit first (especially if it's in big chunks) and then add the milk.

29 January 2012 at 10:17  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

That's a thought but the liquid was quite low in the container/jug.

This new one is a similar design but the machine has a sleeve/flange where the tap is screwed onto so it will never leak around the joined pieces.

And if I was to give it another go I think I have managed to get water into the motor!

Oh well...but I have made a note of your tip Span.

29 January 2012 at 13:24  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

So far so good, I made a vegetable soup into a smoother liquid and it did the job well and was easy to assemble/take apart.

So it would appear to be a wise purchase.

29 January 2012 at 21:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home