My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What A Faff On!

Today I suddenly thought I have not heard anything regarding my blood tests and wondered if I should assume because the hospital where my Consultant is based has not got back to me all is well.

From an earlier post you'll know my Dr's surgery had raised concerns about something not being right and told me to contact them after sending a letter out.

The Consultant's secretary asked me to ask our surgery to fax them or talk direct to her/the consultant, she gave me her direct line and the fax number.

I phoned the surgery at 9.30am and was promised that they would send the information to the consultant.

I contacted the hospital today and was told they'd never been sent/arrived...no wonder I was still waiting.

So I rang the surgery again today(a few minutes ago)to be told "We don't send faxes out!" So I'd still be waiting. I asked for the number the Consultant should phone(Fax or direct line)They won't divulge them. So the Consultant's Secretary has had to contact them using the same number I use and sit and listen to the music and messages to eventually reach a person to get the results.

Why is one place in the NHS so helpful and the other so awkward?

If they are worried about the general public having numbers(its interesting to see that the hospital isn't)but wouldn't it be so much simple if they had faxed the information over to the hospital, especially as someone said that they would. And if they don't do that, how about coming back to me and telling me that they don't so I am not waiting and waiting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home