My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Typical...

Just as things seem to be going our way...

I have had a letter from the Dr's surgery telling me to contact them regarding the blood tests I had done last week regarding my kidney condition so as I cannot contact anyone until Monday afternoon(They say they have a message for me)I'll be worried all weekend. I'm not sure that worried is the right word, more concerned and I am reasonably calm.

And then wondering what I am going to be told when I do manage to get in touch as if it is serious it could affect how Mum is looked after especially if I need more care myself...

Ask me how I feel as I make the phone call or hear what they want to tell me. I had the tests on Monday, they had the results on Wednesday(when the letter was written)and the letter arrived today. Dare I hope the fact they waited four days to contact me and I cannot contact anywhere until Monday, its not as serious as we think? That's almost six days.

If I had to go into hospital temporaily or for regular treatment, they'd probably want to take Mum into care...they would not let her stay here alone and I am the primary carer. Annoyingly, the last few tests have been very stable and good. So I hope the message is a good one but they don't usually contact me so I am cautious.

Nowhere that can help is open over the weekend. I think I'll contact the main department of the hospital my Consultant is based on Monday as they may have the results earlier and can tell me what the situation is a few hours sooner.

6 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

look on the bright side Gildy, as your last few tests have been OK, or at least stable, this may be an appointment to say you can reduce/stop treatment or something similar!

21 January 2012 at 12:21  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I'm hoping its my surgery sticking too much to procedures. It did happen once before many years ago and when I saw our family Dr, it wasn't as bad as the letter suggested.

And I'll contact the Consultant's Dept at the hospital in case he has the information already.

I'll try and think your way Span.
It could be a blip...its happened before and I think that there are still some other options drugwise before worrying that it means more.

21 January 2012 at 12:55  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Ironically the night before I went for my tests I said to myself "I hope all will be well, wouldn't I be unfortunate to get told that I need to be in contact about the results!"

21 January 2012 at 15:37  
Anonymous VQ said...

Never rains but it pours, does it Gildy?
It's natural to jump to conclusions but Span Ows is right. It's more likely to be good news. I'm sure they'd have telephoned if it had been urgent.
My mother always used to tell me not to cross the bridge until I came to it. It has always stood me in good stead. Good luck, my friend.

21 January 2012 at 16:36  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

You are right what you say VQ and thanks...

Mum used to have a lovely little verse that we used to know by heart which said something along those lines.

I'll have to see if she remembers it or if I can find it somewhere.

As you say hopefully the fact they sent a letter is a good sign though I think my condition deteriorates reasonably slowly...

21 January 2012 at 16:48  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I have had Dr's agree with me that you could have a bad blood test/blood pressure reading today...tomorrow it could be perfect so any decisions about treatment or problems of how a condition is going should not be judged on one result. So if it is not good I will ask for another and hope it comes out better.

22 January 2012 at 13:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home