My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

They're Like A Dog With A Bone...

Mum's eating reasonably well and drinking well. Sleep at night could be better but she does sleep restfully a lot of the time so does get "Proper Sleep!" She's warm and content. The confusion is not too bad either.

You'll know that we had a visit from the Social Worker last week and a different District Nurse both gave a glowing report on how well Mum is doing. And we are now back to alternative days with the carer etc...

So the District Nurse we have had problems with returned from a weeks holiday today and we expected she have a chat with Mum and look at the tumour and leave.
I was greeted once again with the Nurse telling me "That" Dr was coming to see Mum again(coincidence?)

Of course not!

It is also strange that some of the other nurses we used to see on a regular baises have dropped out of the picture and we only ever seem to get this one nurse visiting anymore. The other nurses never seemed to have any problems with Mum and the care that receives.

I refused to see him and Mum had said(without any prompting from me)that she did not want to see him.

More was said(Not worth going into)but we got the "We're health professionals" routine again and she started to bad mouth the Social Worker to some extent so I am hoping to talk with the Social Worker about this after 3pm if I can manage to catch her on the phone(She said that she was going to act as a buffer between us and the Dr but the Nurse was basically saying that she couldn't)

I am also talking to the local Carers Association tomorrow who are supposed to watch out for people like us and our concerns.

Its upsetting Mum and myself un-necessarily.

Update:The Social Worker came out(and brought someone with her)did that trick of keeping me talking to the other person whilst she talked to Mum but Mum said all the right things and they had to admit Mum was quite well mentally.

But the Social Worker is back tracking on things she said a week ago(could you call that telling half truths?)and as she left she suggested a Dr will probably call tomorrow and it will be the same Dr...

Why not be honest and say that she knew a Dr was calling again tomorrow and it would be him. Its already been arranged. We really seem to have little or no say in what is being decided for us. I found out from Mum that many of the questions being asked were about me. Its all so underhanded, no wonder I am the way I am. I don't trust anybody now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

Well, good for you for seeking back-up.
A lot of the professionals are fantastic but, every now and then, there's one who thinks he/she is God.

24 January 2012 at 15:34  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Ahh but it has got a bit worse since then VQ...

The Social Worker is as bad as the others but "We have to deal with them!" We appear to have no choice in the matter.

And seemingly we cannot avoid having too.

24 January 2012 at 18:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home