My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Complan...

Takes some beating...I've been going on about getting extra calories into Mum. Well every time she has a Complan with whole milk she's getting 250 calories and often Mum has at least four in a day so there's 1000 calories before you think of any solid meal. And Complan is less expensive than those supplements/drinks I have been looking at. Macmillan Nurses charity seemed to think Complan is good. In fact looking at some foods in the cupboard that is higher than most foodstuffs, most cans of soup only come in around the 100 calorie region and many every day foods are similar. This increases on things like creamed Rice Pudding made with whole milk.

I didn't used to bother much with counting calories and most of the time commen sense works but perhaps I will take another look...not because I want to resuce intake but increase it. I noticed the Lancashire Hotpot we had the other night was around 525 calories so having shared it I guess we managed around 260 each.

On another topic...

They've made us have a carer daily as you know...

The stand in who called on Friday was nice enough but to be honest she had hadn't been informed what was expected of her, officially if she had done what was expected it was bath day(Mum had already had one the previous night)and Mum didn't want to be chewed on so she left(Put down that she'd been with us 20 minutes)It was more like 8 minutes. We'll pay for that. But to be air it was not her fault that she had been sent and was unprepared. I suspect if we had told her what to do she probably could've done something.

They say Mum is thin and her weight is down, this your girl looked as though she could do with a bit of building up herself. And far as we know this your girl isn't ill.

We've been up since 8.30am this morning...no one has called...so we've wasted two hours...in the meantime I have changed/cleaned Mum(I have it down to fine art...I think it took 3 minutes)I've made Mum a Complan too. Officially its not a bath day, Mum had a blanket bath and was creamed yesterday so if anyone had called, I doubt there is anything anyone could do today so it would have been a wasted visit and not needed.

So our morning has had an un-necessary interruption.

What a horrible day outside too, its dull and freezing cold...most of the night it was misty with that icy kind of mist in the air. Its nearly 11am and it hasn't thawed and so if it gets to maybe 2pm-3pm it will start to get cold again. Its nice if you don't have to go out in it.

But its my tests tomorrow morning so I hope they come out OK. My own consultant has been kind enough to allow me to have the tests done at the local Dr's surgery(well, I used to do that any how)and have the information for him when I saw him at the hospital a few days later but now they call the surgery and get the results.
He's been very kind with the situation we find ourselves in...

If all is well, I will be left alone until the next appointment comes around but things are not good they can call me in at short notice.

Hopefully all will be fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home