My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Dr I'm In Trouble...

We think/hope that the Dr we could not get away with could be a temporary addition to our Dr's surgery as another Dr is away until February.

I had to laugh, the nurse who took my bloods today for my consultant regarding my kidney problems brought up that I had not had a blood pressure reading for ages and the the drug I take means I should have one taken every six month at the surgery. The first time anyone has said that in 14 years(and I always have a reading taken by my consultant every three months so its in my medical records anyhow)

As I walked out my home to have my tests...a letter arrived addressed to Mum from the hospital Mum stayed in approx 14 days ago and remember the bother I have had to get a dietitian especially as to getting those supplements etc...to build up her calorie intake...this letter says Mum was due to see one before they let her out and back home!

Now, what did that Dr say about Mum not getting the best medical care that she could?

Or me for that matter...anyhow the dietitian says we can arrange an appointment/have a chat but they've enclosed a booklet with advice about diet etc...so I'll see what it says and what I think.

Everything in the supermarket is all about losing weight and many items are Low Fat but today I found some yogurts that are high in calories and a nice range of flavours.

One pot has the same calorie value as some meals and one cup of Complan(somewhere around 250 calories per pot)

So we should be able to build Mum's calorie intake still further...

Update:Had a look through the little booklet the dietitian sent and though only 14 pages long it has a lot of good ideas(and to be honest...I'm doing most them already)but the only thing I had not thought of to add extra calories to a meal is to add milk powder and I guess that is a bit like adding those granules I had heard about(and were going to be very expensive)

I can say that I am already doing all that I should be...

It would appear that we are back to being seen alternative days by the carer service(by error probably)but the truth is no one knows what's going on...Friday we were not meant to be seen by anyone and someone turned up. Sunday no one turned up but we were awake in case they did(we'd rather have not been)Tomorrow, again they say no one will be calling(But you never know)What a mix up!

But as this mix up has reduced some of the calls, we're keeping quiet...Don't get me wrong, its probably good that a nurse and a carer keee an eye onMum as they may spot something that I may miss but it shows at this minute we can and do manage well, not having someone every day.

And I can say hand on heart I have been proven right regarding all the things I have said on my blog about all that has happened and how we've been treated and that goes for the criticism I was getting on a forum where I thought I'd get support and I decided to pack up and avoid un-necessary hassle. It was only a couple of people but I didn't need it.

Looking after Mum sometimes I forget about me so I've just had tomato, cheese, ham and marmite in a wholemeal bun(I had two)And Mum's had the first of the yogurts(Strawberry with Channel Island Whole Milk)and enjoyed it! I think that I'll be buying more...

Later Mum had a ham and cheese omelet(and having looked on the internet)that offered approx 300-500 calories. It doesn't take much to increase or maintain energy intake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home