My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

I'm Glad That I Have My Gadgets And Most Are Being Used...

As opposed to being stuck at the back of a cupboard in the kitchen.

I have returned to making my own smoothies today. It was ok(and easy)

I'm still using a machine that I had convinced myself needing replacing(I certainly believe its been discontinued)but I have a full processing system I can move onto when it gives up the ghost.

I thought I'd attempt to get some fruit into Mum's diet and as a drink its easier so I threw a decent handful of blueberries, two bananas and three or four big strawberries into the mix with some whole milk and came out fine...

Hope I keep the interest and will continue to use them and do as much for my own health and benefit when I am alone...assuming I can afford nice food(and don't find myself unable to buy certain items due to the cost)

I think we'll finish today with some chicken and mushroom soup and then a piece of baked fish and probably ice cream.

I suggested Mum might like to go downstairs and watch some TV(a change of scenery)but to be honest there isn't much of interest so we're going to doze whilst listening to the radio...its a favourite night for music on Radio 2 which become really "Easy" listening in the true sense of the word.

7pm Michael Parkinson playing favourite music of his.
8pm a documentary about Tony Hatch.
9pm Russell Davies
10pm Clare Teal
11pm David Jacobs(Yes, he's still broadcasting as he reaches his 87th year)and why shoudn't he?

They produced a two part tribute on David and his broadcasting career not to long ago and soon Brian Matthew is having a tribute programme too but he's only 85(I think)and he's only been given one programme.

And you get such a range of music of the last 50+ years amongst those programmes but its not "Chart" music its the standards with the great artists that are not heard as much on the radio anymore...For anyone outside of the UK that's BBC Radio 2(Its available on the BBC I-player live)or upto 7 days after transmission...

What an exciting life I lead...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home