My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, January 13, 2012

There Might Be A Good Reason For It...

I can't think of one unless I was around at the wrong time or not long enough.

However, thinking of how the Dr raised the possiblity of Mum being dehydrated the other day, I remember when Mum was in one hospital for nine weeks the came around every two or three hours(certainly morning, afternoon, evening)with fresh jugs of water at every patient's bed.

During Mum's recent stay at the other hospital run by the same trust...at the various times I was present I never saw any jugs of water near any bed or any removed or brought to a patient.

Knowing how important it is to have enough fluid, that can't be good can it?

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I thought you'd be posting about the Lords vote and government rethink...

Anyway, water is vital. Funnily enough, on a similar topic (gross generalisation alert!) many nurses today can't feed patients properly, their too busy chatting to their colleagues instead of concentrating on the job in hand.

14 January 2012 at 10:50  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Span,
Oh there's plenty to say about the Lord's vote and the Government plans...give me time...I've been saying a little here and there on a few sites...

I cannot help but say we disliked the Dr that visited Mum(not because of what he said)but I have a few doubts that his opinion was unbiased and he had not been primed by a certain District Nurse who also caused all the problems regarding the social worker and the care service Mum has been receiving.

I don't want to see him again and I'll never go to him as a patient.

What you say about the hospital is so true and again I think I said elsewhere if I had not been around when Mum's meals were served up. She could not get near to the food.

So I had to feed her. So you can see how some patients are neglected.

14 January 2012 at 11:06  
Blogger Span Ows said...

Indeed! I don't want to tar all doctors or sound pompous but in the last 20 odd years I have yet to be told ANYTHING by a doctor that I don't already know. It is a pity in your case that he doesn't even seem to have one of the more important traits: a bedside manner! Funnily enough, I have no problem with consultants sometimes being/appearing arrogant.

14 January 2012 at 13:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home