My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tried Out The Juicer...

Mixed feelings...A cabbage had to remain in wedges rather than fed in as leaves otherwise it was treated as pulp and no juice was produced. I tried to wash it first as best as I could leaving it intact...

It didn't make as much juice as I hoped...Four carrots seemed to make only a small amount as did two sticks of celery but when poured out I guess that had made approx five glasses of juice. So perhaps more than it looked.

I suppose it came out at approx £1 for the amount that I made. As there is only a little celery and carrot included in the recipe, I don't think its fair to add that into the full price cost. It possibly added approx 30p.

Would another juicer be better? Possibly...but at that price...

The pulp was quite wet, if drier perhaps more juice could be extracted but its not been bad.

It wasn't that noisy.

Cleaning the juicer was ok.

I'm not sorry that I purchased it...

1 Comments:

Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

I think I say on a newer blog entry or comment about the juicer. It is being used regularly.

I've done a vegetable recipe as you know but I also did Kiwi fruit, apples and pears and we've enjoyed that. That particular recipe probably was no more expensive than a bought juice and it was my combination(its not available over the counter)

Basically, get something and try it...if works...fantastic!

I'm going to get back to making smoothies again. That allows me to make use of berries and fruits like bananas that may get thrown away if they are not used.

14 January 2012 at 18:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home