My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Day Five And We've Survived The Experience...

For the first time today I discovered that Mum's cancer is affecting the Rectum and...when I mentioned we had thought she had bowel cancer when getting a kind of last minute information talk with the Radio Therapy guy, he said that such cancer is border line to bowel cancer. I think this is a medical term that is used as an alternative for colon cancer. I'm still learning/finding out the situation.

They are happy with how the treatment has gone and seem very positive but the one with all the good or bad news and how things will turn out is the Oncologist. Mum has a follow up appointment with him some time in the next 4-6 weeks, the letter will drop on the mat at a future date. No good second guessing what he'll say. As far as we know it is only the tumour we see.

The same person cannot put words in the Dr's mouth(I would not expect him to)but the suggestion was there that if the Oconologist decided to, they could do more sessions, chemo(if he thought Mum could take it)that may be too much but more radio therapy is possible. It all depends on his knowledge and what he says are our best options and if we can convince him to continue.

Interestingly enough Mum is willing to do more treatment if offered and that proves the treatment did not trouble her too much(but she is only willing if she goes by taxi or perhaps if there is a next time the hotel might seem more appealing)and not the way we have this week. I think Mum disliked most that you felt every bump in the road and the doors were continually slamed shut. But it shows that there is some fighting spirit there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous VQ said...

I'm pleased you have both come though the past week. It must all have been very tiring.
I bet you're wishing you could go to bed for 24 hours now.
Well, you can certainly have more of a lie-in tomorrow.
Very best wishes to the pair of you.

18 November 2011 at 14:59  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Mum certainly :-)

Laughingly, I was up at an earlier hour because of Mum 5am but Mum only started to stir around 6.30am and guess what!

Today the ambulance service that takes patients to and from hospital appointments arrived...ninety minutes later than usual and we arrived at the hospital an hour after Mum's appointment time and then we had to wait another forty five minutes to be seen.

I did not think it was tiring as we were doing it but I know I have slept very soundly so it probably was.

18 November 2011 at 15:34  

Post a Comment

<< Home