My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Second Session Of Radio Therapy Completed...

Mum had a restless night, I stayed awake worried that I'd oversleep and miss the mini-bus to take us to Mum's hospital appointment.

I was up at 6am and started to get Mum ready by 7am.

Mum was cleaned and dressed and I managed to have her eat some porridge and have a cup of tea.

Getting her downstairs was another matter, she had decided she still wasn't going to go.

At the top of stairs Mum was about ready to descend I happened to look away and try and get something ready and when I looked back...she'd disappeared and I could see Mum's hand moving along the bannister that runs along the landing and she was obviously going back to her bedroom. That was both funny but frustrating especially working against the clock.

So I had to(and I'm not proud to say this)physically coerce her to turn around and come downstairs.

Then after approx 15 minutes the bus arrived and again both the ambulance driver had myself had to persuade her to go out the front door.

Once at the hospital her appointment was around 10.50am but she was seen virtually straight away at around 10.30am.

We were ready to go home but due to technical difficulties and delays the other people we shared our bus with were late in being seen so we had to add an extra 30+ minutes before we could start our journey.

So at present Mum is once again saying she won't go tomorrow but I have tried to have her understand how important the treatment is, I got the radiographer to explain again today that she will be more comfortable if she completes the treatment(and she said it in a nice way to Mum)the procedure was much quicker today.

Mum was so tired that she fell asleep whilst they were doing or preparing the treatment.

Mum really hates the journey. Tomorrow as you feel every bump in the road and she's a bit sore I'll see if a cushion helps.

Now, I may be imagining it(and I was told we probably would not see any changes for 3 weeks)but I think that I can...As always time will tell.

I am about to prepare some soup(winter broth soup)but liquidise it so its easier to eat but has the goodness...last evening I did tomato and butter bean soup the same way and she also had some scrambled egg.

And I believe she is talking of having a reasonable meal later so for now the Radio Therapy has not affected her appetite and apart from being a little sore so far other side effects have not kicked in.

More positives than negatives so far...I was so busy seeing to Mum this morning I didn't manage to eat anything myself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home