My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Now We're Starting To Find Out What...

Radio Therapy may entail...

Mum might find that she'll be sore and it may feel a bit like a bad case of sunburn...of course it might not!

It has been suggested that we may have to change how we clean Mum and change the creams we use and possibly use plain water when washing so avoiding any soap product making a sensitive area sore.

I have been talking to others in a similar situation and warm not hot baths have been mentioned, someone said splashing with water in a similar way like a bidet is a good idea and the use of unperfumed aqueous cream, I'd never even heard of it but a quick search shows that it exists and its not particularly expensive. But there are as many negative stories about it as there seems to be good. Even the nationwide retailer Boots makes and sells its own version.

If Mum loses her appetite it has been suggested that our Dr could prescribe some supplements that will give Mum nourishment and they could be used in addition to the complan I have been giving her between meals etc...

A few people have been surprised that we have not been offered these already by the District Nurses and/or the Dr. I did know know that they were available so I would not have thought to have asked for them.

I only found out through a charitable website that deals with bowel cancer and someone who was waiting with us at the hospital last Monday when we had the fiasco of going there and Mum being injured and having the treatment cancelled and postponed and we were waiting almost three hours for transport to get home again.

It would appear that many of these things I am being told of are mentioned to others when they are being given Radio Therapy so I hope they will do the same for us when we go for our first(rescheduled)session on Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home