My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another Day And...

Mum had restless night which is distressing for me but is now resting peacefully.

Mum has had her first proper bath in two years using a chair that lowers her into the bath(the carer looked after her)she has enjoyed it and it has relaxed her.

After her sleep hopefully Mum will have a small bowl of cereal with added banana, strawberries, blueberries and whole milk. Followed by wholemeal toast and manuka honey.

I think that is a good result...

I purchased a mini chopper yesterday(originally I had thought of slightly more powerful and expensive one but went with the supermarkets own brand, it was on offer and half the price)

I chopped up a salad and enjoyed it that way. I think being chopped up very fine, I ate more than when you lay a salad out on a plate and as Mum has difficulty eating some foods(I tried a spoonful to see if she could manage it...)she could do so now, I may be able to get her to eat foods like celery, cucumber, tomatoes etc...which can be a bit hard to chew. And she can still get the goodness out them.

If it works, fine but if it doesn't what have we lost?

3 Comments:

Blogger Span Ows said...

I had visions of you hacking down your beloved trees or riding round on a high handlebar-ed bike...until I read the post below!

With some foods chopping too finely can lose some of the benefit because (a) they get digested too quickly and (b) the fibrous texture is lost. not that it still isn't a good way o get your fruit and veg! I always used to have strong (garlic added) gazpacho nearly every day...hmmmmmmmmm

10 November 2011 at 19:35  
Blogger The Great Gildersleeve said...

Thank you for telling me that Span,
Always willing to learn...I'll not chop it so finely next time...

10 November 2011 at 20:09  
Anonymous The Magenpie said...

Well done Gildy, I am proud of you.
How about this as a breakfast: wholemeal toast with finely sliced banana laid on it, drizzled with honey. I do this as a healthy alternative to cereal (not my idea BTW). Would give your Mum the required vitamins, roughage and potassium but in a slightly different form so she doesn't get bored with her diet.
Love Judith aka Magenpie

10 November 2011 at 21:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home