My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Sacrifices...

I don't have a full subscription to Sky TV so approx £7 a week doesn't seem bad for the entertainment they offer but the truth is I watch very little TV these days so I am seriously thinking of cancelling my subscription. I like my weekly Radio Times(mainly for the detailed information about BBC Radio)but again I can save the cost of the magazine and that could go towards the cost of my Internet over the year.

I will be sorry to lose access to some of the radio that Sky have on their platform that does not appear to be available on the rival platform Free sat but it does have a lot of TV channels and the difference is that they are free to air. Once you buy Free sat box, you pay nothing else.

Then again I am toying with the idea of giving up on TV and saving the cost of the TV license too. Things could change but I understand that you can watch TV via computer software and though I am sure they'll charge to watch programmes or download for now it is free.

I like music and radio so I may invest another radio which will help when programmes clash. If with Broadband audio sounds fine and of high enough quality I may listen more online.

I will start to use rechargeable batteries for running items especially the keyboard on my PC, I am not bothered if its wireless. I have just found a keyboard and mouse I did not know I had and it still uses cable to connect the mouse and keyboard so I don't need any batteries.

I can manage to survive even if I have to use a hot water bottle and wear more clothes and climb into bed if its cold and just do enough hot water to wash myself, the biggest bill will be the electric and hoping I can afford to keep the computers running. I shouldn't have to live so frugally in the 21st century but what can you do? The other bill I will probably find difficulty paying is the rent and community charge.

I am one of so many people in the UK and around the world who are struggling.

I'm not even sure whether I will ever buy a CD again as it will be a luxury.

But I'm thinking ahead and my mind is racing, there is a lot of "What If!" here as I sit here...I don't know anything and this entry could sound as though I am thinking about "Me!" Mum is my priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home