My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Just Read Another Case...

Where a Mum is frail(shaky according to the daughter)and on Friday was given Chemo and various other drugs across the weekend(In august she was offered a camera and an op which has been cancelled and seemingly likely to rescheduled and yes it had spread to the liver)

Yet all we were given was .

I think Mum(even though she may still be told the same or hear something worse at the next appointment)is hopefully going to be more alert and ask for treatment. She is a fighter and doesn't want to give in just yet.

It was all done very quickly with Mum, I'm not even sure she had 5 minutes with the Dr. He came through a connecting door(Imagine one of those hotel rooms where a door connections two rooms)

He asked perhaps three questions, said no chemo, did the biopsy, felt her stomach and disappeared almost as quick as he appeared.

No bedside manner.

I don't think that he even gave his name. I think you are in a state of shock and trying to comprehend what is going on so it only starts to hit you when you are back home what has happened.

They see it all the time and they need to protect themselves from being too involved otherwise how would you cope giving bad news all the time(You hear of most who work in the emergency services having a dark sense of humour, its their way of coping with horrible events)but you are directly dealing with someone's life and the feelings of those around them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home