My Photo
Name:
Location: United Kingdom

Perhaps you'll learn more about me as you read my blog. For anyone who translates my blog using the translator facility, don't forget if you wish to read the comments in your own language to click on the title of the post down the left hand side otherwise they will remain in english. Also I assume that the translation is accurate but I don't know, so please allow for errors.

Friday, September 30, 2011

I Don't Need A Crutch To Fall Back On...

and I hope that I am strong enough to cope with what life will throw at me but I have to admit to having a large bottle of cider tonight. I don't mean those large 2 litre plastic bottles...

No, I'm not drunk and I know exactly what's going on but I think that I deserve it. Even Mum has said "It will do you no harm!"

Mum has again let me know what I mean to her and says that she knows that I will be taken care of and to worry about what the future holds. Mum's eh? Most never lose that believe in their offspring, I know that I will lose my best friend.

She really does believe that I will be taken care of...so I have to as well.

At best my alcoholic nightcap will make me sleepy, that is all it has ever managed to do on the few occasions I have imbibed.

Of course your mind races ahead, it cannot be helped and just in my eye line are two full boxes of Christmas Crackers we did not manage to pull last year or perhaps they were purchased in one of those sales that follow soon after. Well, I won't be able to make any use of them if on my own so I guess I'll have to give them away either to some good cause or ask neighbours can make use of them.

It brings home how mortal we all are and how short our time is, how things can change so quickly. I'm not planning on rewriting my own will. Mum used to say "I don't what I would do if anything happened to you with all your stuff!"

I doubt that there is anything of real value...some old clothes, Cd's, very few DVDs, perhaps some old furniture that probably would be crushed or burned in an incinerator so why is it worth bothering? I'm not even bothering to arrange my own send off. The state can sort that out. If I had family and loads of friends I know would attend it probably means something especially to those left behind but what would it mean for me?

This also assumes that I will always be in my own home and doing what I want to, I might be in residential care, what meagre savings I have may be taken away and there won't be room to take my personal possessions...cheerful times ahead indeed.

And no I am not being deliberately maudlin or trying to reverse some of the compliments that some have been kind to pay me but its the most likely scenario. If certain medical ailments come home to roost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home